Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Excerpt of Heart Search By Carlie M.A. Cullen Book 1 Lost


Excerpt:

I was standing in front of a window looking into an unfamiliar room; I could vaguely see my reflection bounce back at me, but could also look into the room and see everything clearly.
Joshua occupied an old yet comfortable looking chair, surrounded by books. His skin was very pallid yet his eyes sparkled, at odds with his complexion. He sat motionless, reading an ancient tome, yet the pages turned so rapidly it was as if someone was fanning the leaves of the book, but no one else was in the room with him. I wanted to explore the room further, but I couldn’t drag my eyes away from Joshua’s face. In my eyes he’d always been handsome, but now he was so breathtakingly beautiful – as one would imagine an angel to be – that I was completely captivated.
At first I didn’t notice anyone else had entered the room, not until Joshua looked up and smiled. I reluctantly tore my eyes away from him, curiosity getting the better of me, and was surprised to see five other ashen-skinned, beautiful people join him; two men and three women. One of the women hovered very close to Joshua, a look of longing in her eyes. It was blatantly obvious this extremely attractive woman was head-over-heels in love with him. He didn’t seem to notice; this made me irrationally, spitefully delighted.
There was a conversation or two going on as I could see lips moving, but all I could hear was a peculiar burbling noise. I found it frustrating. It was akin to watching a silent movie without the subtitles. I tried to move closer, but the glass prevented it. I turned my head and pressed my ear against the surface, but was still unable to ascertain what was being said.


Carlie M A Cullen

Carlie M A Cullen was born in London. She grew up in Hertfordshire where she first discovered her love of books and writing. She has been an administrator and marketer all her working life and is also a professional teacher of Ballroom and Latin American dancing.
Carlie has always written in some form or another, but Heart Search: Lost is her first novel. This was launched 8th October 2012 through Myrddin Publishing Group and work has started on book two: Heart Search: Found. She writes mainly in the Fantasy/Paranormal Romance genres for YA, New Adult and Adult.
Carlie is also a professional editor.
Carlie also holds the reins of a writing group called Writebulb. Their first anthology, The Other Way Is Essex, was published September 2012 under Myrddin Publishing Group.
Carlie currently lives in Essex, UK with her daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.