Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Indie author spotlight of Jordana Barber Author of The Time Keeper .


The Author

Jordana Barber

The work of Art:

The Timekeeper

Where she creates her masterpieces: 
I'm originally from Portland, Oregon and currently reside in Bailey, Colorado

What Genre gets to claim her:
    Paranormal Romance

This book has it all!

The Timekeeper is the story of Azriella, a Demon-Djinn Princess who helps regulate the strands of fate for a governmental organization, the High Council, who is hellbent  on ruling the world. The Council keeps her grounded in the mortal world while she's trying to manage her own kingdom in Aliis Mundi, the Otherworld. When creatures from  all walks of life in both worlds start seeking her out for their own personal gain, she's forced to evade homicidal Angels, hide from a Djinn ex who won't take a hint, a Demon  father who won't stop fighting with her Dragon husband, a marriage proposal involving a Vampire, and wild political machinations to over through her and claim her throne. Muddling through her life as she has been is no longer an option, taking action is necessary, but when everything is falling apart what do you choose?

Jordana's Muse follows the rules... Occasionally.

I'm very lax with my writing style. I start with a rough (very rough) outline and set out to follow it. Sometimes I actually stick to it, but most of the time my character's get minds  of their own and veer drastically off course. Occasionally, they end where I think they should... Occasionally.

Has she ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" 

Every once in a while, I managed to write something that really floors me and I think to myself, "At least half the world would get a kick out of this." In truth, I write because I  enjoy it. If I can bring enjoyment to the rest of the world with my writing, the it's a bonus.

Who helps her to get her work perfect?

I participate in the content editing, but my grammar is horrific. I have several outside editors that make sure my comma and periods are where they should be. I got lucky and  married a Graphic Designer / Web Programmer  and he does my cover designs and my website for me. Thank goodness, I'm not that skilled!

What Author inspires Jordana the most?


I couldn't possibly name just one author as a favorite. There is so much excellent literature floating around trying to narrow it down is impossible for me. I started writing in  elementary school, and I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. If I recall correctly, I read everything that L.J. Smith wrote, multiple times. Keep in mind this 

was twenty years ago and long before there were TV shows based on her books. I was fascinated by her characters and the plots. If I had to give credit to my inspiration, it  would most likely be to her.

What she would say is the hardest part of the writing process.

Editing. Has to be editing. I have a bad habit of making up my own words and I write like I speak. I don't speak with proper punctuation, so I've been told.

Does Jordana write her characters or do they write themselves? 

I start out writing my characters, but a page or two into it they take over and run a muck.

Does Jordana write herself into her characters?

I have certain characters that share many of personality traits. I often don't notice it until after the fact.

Is writing her full time job or is she  "Keeping your day job"? So to speak.
Unfortunately, I'm forced to keep my day job. I'd love to write full time and hopefully someday that will be a possibility.

If she had a time machine, Jordana would seek out the truth. 

Who to choose? If I had to pick just one, I'd say Vlad the Impaler. I've always been fascinated with history from Romania, Turkey and the rest of the region. Legends are conflicting and history is written by the winners, it would be interesting to know what actually happened in his lifetime.

The time keeper stands out because:

I have my own, very unique, voice when I write. Call it a style if you like.


Where to purchase The Timekeeper:




Where to find and follow Jordana

Twitter: @JordanaBarber
Website: Jordanabarber.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.