Sunday, October 21, 2012

Indie Author Spotlight of Sophie Moss Author of The Selkie Enchantress



Sophie Moss

Title of book:
The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 2)



Where she creates:
Washington DC area

The Genre that gets to claim her:
Fantasy Romance/Irish Fairy Tale Retellings

The heart of the story:
It’s a fantasy romance about a modern woman who needs to find a hidden Irish fairy tale to save her true love from a powerful sorceress who has three days on land to win his love and take him with her back into the sea.

Sophie's Muse has set plans:
I am a mad plotter. I spend almost as much time plotting a story as I do writing it. :)

Has she ever written anything and thought, “The world has got to see this?”
I’m really proud of my first flash fiction piece, Drinking in a Lavender Rose Petal Spell.


Who do we have to thanks for inspiring Sophie to become a writer?
Alice Hoffman is my favorite author, but picking up a Nora Roberts romance first sparked my interest in writing.

The most difficult part of writing for Sophie: 
Pulling away from the story once it gets rolling. I have a tendency to get obsessed with my writing and forget about the other pieces of life.

Does Sophie writer her characters or do they write themselves?
 I interview them extensively before beginning the story, and then they write themselves.

Does she ever  write herself into the characters? 
No.

Is writing her  full time job or is she “Keeping your day job” so to speak? 
Writing is my full time job.

If she could go back in time, Sophie would want to meet:  
J.R.R. Tolkien. I would love to have a pint with him and talk about hobbits!

There are millions of new books released every year. What in her  mind makes The Selkie Enchantress (Seal Island Trilogy, Book 2)  stand out from all those millions in your genre? 
My stories push the edge of genre fiction, dipping into a deeper darker fairy tale realm while still conforming to the general rules of the genre of romance to provide the reader with a happy ever after.

In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don’t have the funds to pay for it. Has Sophie  found a great free way to market her work that she  thinks other Indies will benefit from?

Twitter! I’ve met the most amazing people on Twitter. It’s so easy to connect and communicate. People are so supportive and friendly and I’ve discovered the most wonderful new authors and artists. I attract a lot of readers because I search for people who are like me and like reading the kind of stories I write and we can all just be ourselves and connect on a really comfortable, natural level.

Follow Sophie's career here:
Twitter: @SMossWrites

In the first two weeks of its release, The Selkie Enchantress hit #231 on Amazon's Overall Bestsellers List out of over one million books on Kindle, and #5 on Amazon's Fantasy Romance Bestsellers List. The Selkie Enchantress was featured on the USA Today Happy Ever After Blog on September 20th.


Purchase Links for Book 1 &2

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for profiling great paranormal romance authors! I'm a fan of Sophie Moss' lovely & lyrical work, and it's really fascinating to gain more insight into her creative process : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring me, Nicole. I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.