Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Indie author interview of Juli D. Revezzo Author of The Artist's Inheritance (Antique Magic)

The Artist:
Juli D. Revezzo



The Work of Art: 


The Artist’s Inheritance

Where she creates:


Florida


The genre that gets to claim her:

Dark Paranormal fantasy.


The heart of the story:

It’s about a woman whose husband is going a little insane while carving a beautiful chair. Turns out, his work triggered a family curse and if he doesn’t turn the darned thing over to the men and women offering for it, the family curse will continue—and he’ll probably die horribly like his brother and sister did. She can’t have that so, she’s going to have to learn to kick some sense into him, and some Otherworldly butt, if she’s going to save him.



Her muse likes to wing it a little:

I tend to plot a little and wing it a little. I need to have a vague idea of where the story is going, at least by the time I get to chapter three. Otherwise, I just go by what my inspiration tells me.


 Has she ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" ? 

Yes. J I’d been submitting works to traditional publishers for years. But honestly, when I first wrote what became The Artist’s Inheritance, I wasn’t thinking that far ahead for it. It wasn’t until several friends pushed—I mean urged—me to try self publishing it that I took the leap into the Indie waters.


Who do we have to thank for the look of her book: 



I had a great cover designer and a great critique partner/editor to help out.


Who inspires Juli to write:

Michael Moorcock’s Elric series. If it wasn’t for Michael and that series, I’d never have tried my hand at dark fantasy fiction.


What she finds the most difficult in the writing process: 

It changes story to story. Sometimes it’s the research; sometimes it’s just moving the research and the manuscript beyond the third chapter; sometimes it’s the revisions. Trying to make the book say what I need it to that my critique partners and editor tell me it’s not.


 Does she write her characters or do they write themselves? 

A little of both, I think.


Does she ever write herself  into the characters? 

There’s a little of me in Caitlin, I must say..


Is writing her full time job or is she "Keeping her day job"? So to speak.


Writing’s my fulltime job. But I love it. So, as Joseph Campbell said, I’m following my bliss.

If she could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be? 

One person? Wow. That’s a tough choice. There are so many I’d like to meet. I think I’d like to meet the bards that wrote the Irish myths and the stories in the Welsh mythological tome The Mabinogion. I’d do my best to convince them to keep the originals from getting corrupted and lost over the centuries, wouldn’t you?


There are millions of new books released every year. What in Juli's  mind makes hers stand out from all those millions in her genre?  


If you like spooky stories, with heroines who conquer their fears and the bad guys giving them grief, and if you like stories with ghosts and other paranormal elements, with a dash of mythology, you’ll love The Artist’s Inheritance.

 In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. has Juli found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from? 


I’m still working on that part, to be honest but Twitter, Facebook, guest blogs and the like have been the biggest part. I’ve gotten in touch with many reviewers and working on getting the book onto as many free listing platforms as I can.

Links to purchase:




On B&N: http://bit.ly/R7bkp4
On Smashwords: http://bit.ly/RH0GCI
And in paperback via Createspace: https://www.createspace.com/3976218

Follow Juli's career:

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JD-Revezzo/233193150037011
Twitter: @julidrevezzo
Blog: http://julidrevezzo.wordpress.com/blog/
Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5782712.Juli_D_Revezzo
Website: http://julidrevezzo.com



1 comment:

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.