Monday, April 30, 2012

“What am I thinking? She'll never be my anything! “ Snippet of Legacy Forgotten by Nicole Hill

Kenneth awoke with the most wonderful taste in his mouth. He didn't understand. The last thing he remembered was finding Ailis in the grips of one hell of a nightmare. When she awoke she was still screaming and fighting.       Was the dream about him? He was wondering to himself When he felt someone struggling. He popped his eyes open and saw Ailis. She looked scared and pale. He realized that the taste in his mouth was her blood! He was taking her blood! He let go of her arm and she immediatley fainted. Oh Shit! He thought as he jumped up. Had he taken too much? Had he attacked her? He couldn't remember. He had to think fast. She needed more blood but it was risky.  Oh the hell with it! he thought. She's already half vampire , He had to save her! He'd worry about her wrath later. Here goes. He thought as he placed his wrist over her mouth at the same time he took her abused wrist in his hands and slid his tongue over the wound to close it. He watched as her fangs lengthened and she bit into his wrist and began to drink timidly. She was still unconscious and acting out of pure instinct. He smiled to himself. My little Vampire. he thought and then quickly reprimanded himself. What am I thinking? She'll never be my anything!  She'll end up marrying that pompous ass hole Collin and having him lots of babies and living happily ever after.
He stopped her from drinking and then sealed his own wound. He lifted her in his arms ignoring how right she felt there and placed her gently in her bed. He gazed down at her loving what he saw and wishing it was him that she would think about spending the rest of her life with. It was best that he just leave and return home to Madrid and never bother her again. Just then her eyes fluttered open.
“Why are you always so sad?” She asked softly.
“You have only known me a couple of weeks how do you know I am always sad?” He asked.
She looked serious. “I met you a couple of weeks ago but I have felt you for months. That is why I came.” She said with a tired sigh.
“What are you talking about?” Kenneth asked.
“I felt your pain and followed it. My grandmother died but I came only after I started feeling your presence and it led me here.” She said as she smiled at him and reached up to stroke the side of his face. “I would make you feel better if I could”. She said quietly as she turned her head and fell back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.