Friday, April 27, 2012

" Don't ever come near me again! " Teaser from Legacy Forgotten by Nicole Hill




Ailis Queen of Avalon 2Ailis awoke with someone banging on her door. She didn't even remember getting into bed. She ran down stairs and opened the door to a very agitated Collin. “

Where have you been?!” He nearly shouted.

What do you meanAilis answered. “I came home and went to bed.” She replied sleepily.

He stared at her like she was a stranger. “Ailis, Collin stated. “That was two days ago.”
She stood staring. “What are you talking about?”

Collin heaved a sigh. “Ailis, what day was it that we found the last body?”

That's a stupid question she responded. “That was Monday.”

Collin turned around and picked up the paper from the porch and showed it to her.“Today is Wednesday.” He stated.

Ailis stared at the paper numbly for a few minutes and then started laughing.
Collin thought she had lost it. “Are you all right Ailis? I don't see what is so funny.

I'm sorry Ailis said. “I just remembered that when I got home I just was thinking that I was so tired that I could sleep for two days. Well I guess I really was that tired.” She finished with a giggle.

Collin chuckled a little and then pulled Ailis into his embrace. She hugged him back stiffly at first but then relaxed. Collin had always been there for her and in his own way she supposed that he loved her. She just wasn't sure how she felt about him. I'm sorry that you were worried Collin.” Ailis said against his chest.

Worried?” He said. “You scared the hell out of me. You didn't even answer your phone. Collin held her face in his hands and tilted her face to his. He stared into her eyes. “I don't know what I'll do if anything were to happen to you. He stated. Then his lips were on hers.

Ailis didn't know what to do. In the next moment, she felt a swell of rage that she knew could only come from one place. Ailis backed up breaking the contact.

Collin looked confused.Ailis” he started sounding hurt. But she stopped him.

Look Collin this is not the best time. You have just succeeded in completely confusing me and I just need some time right now.” Collin looked hurt for minute and then he backed out the door and turned to leave. He stopped midway and turned back to her.

You know I love you Ailis. I would be good to you. You know that don't you?He asked.
Ailis could only shake her head. Good he said with a smile. “Take your time.” And then he left. 

Ailis could not even think. What had just happened? She knew Collin had feelings for her but she had never led him on. She didn't want to hurt him but she just didn't think of him like that. And Kenneth, She was so furious with him that she could barely contain herself. “Where are you?! You had no right to interfere with my life.” She mentally yelled at him. Kenneth did not answer. “Fine then, ignore me. Don't ever come near me again.” She raved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.