Thursday, May 23, 2013

#IndieSpotlight of Roy Murry @roylmurry425 Author of The Audubon Caper



The Author
Roy Murry

The Title of Your work: 
The Audubon Caper

Where are you from? 
Massachusetts 

In what genre do you write? 
Autobiography/True Crime

In your own words, what is your book about?
 It’s the story of making a decision to become a criminal or do the right thing and become a witness for the government. The main event is the theft of John James Audubon’s prints from Key West, Florida. However, there are a number of themes that underline the main event: drug trafficking, love affairs, and mafia connections. 

What is your writing style?
 I spend most of my time before writing a word thinking about my next scene will be. However, I start with an outline. 

Have you ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" ? 
 NO

Do you have an editor and Cover Designer or do you do this yourself? 
I hired an editor. 

Who is your favorite author? 
No one in particular. 

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 
Not yet. I’m writing my second book which is already outlined.

Do you write your characters or do they write themselves through you? 
 My first book I knew all the characters as with my second. One of my main characters in Audubon was an FBI agent. He was a combination of all the agents into one.

Do you ever write yourself into the characters? 
So far – Yes.

Is writing your full time job or are you "Keeping your day job"? 
I have a part time job and spend the rest of the time reading and writing. I have a blog where I interview authors and review their books.

If you could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be? 
 Ralph Waldo Emerson.

There are millions of new books released every year. What in your mind makes yours stand out from all those millions in your genre? 
 I’m the main character and the story is real about me being in the Witness Protection Program.

In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Have you found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from? 
All I can say is that my blog has help promote my writing which other author have been kind enough to buy my book and review it – all giving me a Five Star rating.


Links for people to find and follow your work:

Facebook Page: Author Roy Murry and http://on.fb.me/Y1aTD0

Twitter: @roylmurry425


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.