Tuesday, May 21, 2013

#Indie Spotlight of The Witch Hunter Saga by Nicole R. Taylor @nicole_noir

Author: 

Nicole R. Taylor

The Title of Your Work or Group: 






The Witch Hunter Saga









Where are you from? 
Australia


In what genre do you write? 
I mainly write in Urban Fantasy and Paranormal, but dabble a little in post-apocalyptic. I like to create worlds within worlds.


In your own words, what is your book about? If you were not the author and trying to explain this awesome book you just read to a friend, what would you say about it? 
The Witch Hunter is a book about revenge, trust, secrets and lies, coming to terms with what life has thrown at you and being able to overcome it all. And maybe a little bit about growing a heart and giving a damn about something other than yourself. And one mental witch from beyond the grave thrown in for good measure.



What is your writing style? Do you follow all guides and rules? Synopsis, outline etc. or do you just sit down at the computer and type to see what happens.
I take scenes that have been festering inside my head and write them down. After a lot of mulling over them, I plan them into a larger novel. With a series, once I have the basic idea, then it takes on a life of its own and its on like Donkey Kong.


Have you ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" ? 
I don't think I would have published anything if I didn't think someone had to read it. All writers should have faith in their own work, otherwise why should your readers?


Do you have an editor and Cover Designer or do you do this yourself? 
I edit my own work, but have beta readers comb over it for plot holes and anything that sounds weird. So far, I've done alright with editing. In the past I've edited articles and reviews for music magazines, so I have some experience with it.
I have a designer for my covers, simply because I want my work to look professional. As an indie, this is very important. People do judge a book by it's cover!


Who is your favorite author. Not just someone that you read allot. I wanna know whose book you read that made you suddenly know that if you didn't do this for the rest of your life then you would never be happy. 
I wanted to be a writer ever since I can remember. All I ever did when I was a kid was read. My favorites were Tamora Pierce, Garth Nix and Anne McCaffrey. I loved fantasy simply because it got me out of my reality and into a world where amazing things could happen. Especially Tamora Pierce and Garth Nix. They wrote about ordinary teens becoming extraordinary. It was something I wanted to be and it inspired me to start writing my own stories.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
I always have trouble with the middle. I love to write the big climactic action scenes, so the in between bits sometimes get to me. I think this is why there are so many action sequences in my books!


Do you write your characters or do they write themselves through you? 
I begin with an idea of who the characters are, but they take on their own lives and make their own decisions.


Do you ever write yourself into the characters? 
Oh my! I am nothing like my characters. A vampire with anger management issues, a hybrid with a bad bad bad reputation for hunting down witches and taking their powers away... um no, I'm nothing like them!


Is writing your full time job or are you "Keeping your day job"? So to speak.
I still have a day job. I have no illusions of grandeur. I just want people to enjoy what I'm writing.


If you could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be? 
Elizabeth the First. She single handedly brought a corrupt monarchy and war torn country into a period of peace that lasted 80 years. And she was able to crush the Spanish Armada (with only a handful of ships to the Spanish's hundreds) before they even set foot on English soil. She was strong and ass-kicking for a medieval queen. I think I could take a few pointers from her.


There are millions of new books released every year. What in your mind makes yours stand out from all those millions in your genre? 
It's a new take on the vampire myth, a new beginning a and a new set of rules. It has an ass-kicking female lead and new types of supernatural creatures not seen in other novels. 
It's only a story I could have written.


 In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Have you found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from? 
I don't think there's one great free way. If there is, i haven't found it yet. I use Twitter a lot and post regularly on my blog. Keeping in touch and always being there is important. With so many authors and books its easy for people to forget you, even though your work might have merit,


Links to find and Follow Nicole's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.