Monday, April 8, 2013

#IndieAuthor interview of Amber Bourbon author of Connections


Author

 Amber Bourbon

The masterpeice
 Connections

Where she creates
I’m from Northern New Jersey; however I currently live in Minnesota.

The genre that gets to claim her
Erotica

In Amber's own words, her book is about
 This is the story of two friends who through their separate sexual relationships find peace and understanding of themselves.

Does she follow the rules or go with the flow?
 I tend to have a loose outline, I know who my characters are, what I expect them to do or who rather. Sometimes however, they tell me otherwise so I just let them take over because it’s their story to tell. I do try to follow the rules, but they were made to be broken.

Has she ever written anything and thought; "The world has got to see this!"? 
That is how I feel about Connections, I want people to read it and realize that maybe right now life isn’t what we want it to be, but we will figure it out eventually.

Does she have an editor and Cover Designer or does she do this herself? 
 Editing, I have several different people who help and then I do the final go through. As for covers, I do them myself and I’m very proud of the one for Connections.


Who can we thank for inspiring Amber enough to make her want to write her own books? 
  I am 100% addicted to John Green’s books. I read them over and over again.

What does she find particularly challenging in her writing?
 Each book has its own challenges, but it’s never the same thing and it usually has to do with the characters taking things in a different direction then I expected. A scene in Connections between Shayla, Brad and Zach did not go the way I expected it to at all.

Does Amber write her characters or do they write themselves through her?
 They write themselves through me, I know who they are, but it’s they’re story to tell 100%.

Does she ever write herself into the characters?
I don’t think I have, at least not intentionally.

Is writing her full time job or is she "Keeping her day job"? So to speak.
I’ve got a lot of different projects going on. I’m planning on returning to school full time in the fall to finish up my degree.

If she could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be? 
Margaret Mitchell, she is a fascinating woman.

There are millions of new books released every year. What in Amber's mind makes hers stand out from all those millions in her genre?  
Every book as something special that makes it stand out. I think for Connections, it would be the dynamic of both Shayla and Cassandra finding who they are.

In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Has she found a great free way to market her work that she thinks other Indies will benefit from? 
 Sometimes what works for one book, doesn't work for another. The best thing I’ve found is to keep writing, keep tweeting, blog when I can, and not vanish, be present.


Links to find and follow Amber and her work

2 comments:

  1. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web.
    I will recommend this site!

    Check out my blog :: investigate this site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have saved it for later!

    Feel free to visit my website ... go to these guys

    ReplyDelete

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.