Monday, August 12, 2013

Literary Characters TC Southwell would Date, Dump or Marry. Fun guest post.

Literary Characters TC Southwell would Date, Dump or Marry

It’s not a very long list! The hero of my favourite fantasy series by another author, Stephen R. Donaldson’s The Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever series, is definitely someone I would dump, if I ever even considered dating him. Aside from his leprosy, he’s not my type of guy at all, even though his world and the story he was in fascinated me.

The guys I love the most are the ones I met in my channels, who captivated me so much I had to write about them. My favourite is a bit of a tossup between Blade and Sabre, but I think Blade, from The Queen’s Blade, wins by a hair. He’s just not the best of companions, with his dour attitude and flaying wit. Being in his company a lot could be rather injurious to the ego. If he made an effort to be charming, however, he’d be devastating. Of course, there’s the problem of him already being spoken for, but if that wasn’t the case, I’d date him, to see if I could become his friend and maybe more, but I don’t think I’d marry him.

Sabre, hero of The Cyber Chronicles, is a different story. He’s such an honest-to-goodness good guy, with his great personality, although the horrors of his past still haunt him. Life with him would always be an exciting adventure, even if, or rather, when, Cybercorp stirs up trouble again. As a bit of a speed freak myself, I’d enjoy his penchant for flying spacecraft, hover-cars and bikes with such panache and derring-do, knowing I was utterly safe while he was at the controls. So, if Tassin wasn’t in the picture, I’d definitely marry him.


Bane, from Demon Lord… well, who wouldn’t want to marry a mortal god? Then again, it would probably be rather overwhelming, but at the same time fun and exciting; even though he doesn’t have a terribly evolved sense of humour, he’s tolerant and forgiving. No worries about infidelity, with a god, but I’m sure I’d be fighting off the other gals with a stick!


Chanter, hero of The Broken World, is a bit too alien, even in his human form. He’s certainly a fascinating guy, and his attitude towards all living creatures is magnificently gentle, but his way of thinking would be a constant challenge. I reckon I’d date him, to get to know him better and bask in the wonderful peace he bestows on those around him with his innate love for all things and his strange, but captivating personality.


Last, but definitely not least, Tarke, from Slave Empire. Wow. He’d be a catch and a half, even with all his hang ups. Another adventurer and explorer of note, so life with him would be exciting, and being his wife, or even dating him, would be a wonderful experience. I’d do both, in a flash!

Author bio:

T. C. Southwell was born in Sri Lanka and moved to the Seychelles when she was a baby. She spent her formative years exploring the islands – mostly alone. Naturally, her imagination flourished and she developed a keen love of other worlds. The family travelled through Europe and Africa and, after the death of her father, settled in South Africa. 

T. C. Southwell has written over thirty novels, ranging from fantasy and science fiction to romance and adventure, as well as five screenplays. Her hobbies include motorcycling, horse riding and art, and she is now a full-time writer.

Click on banner to visit her blog.
Purchase links:

Smashwords: 

Barnes & Noble: 

Amazon: 

Kobo: 

Lulu: 

Apple iTunes:

Click on banner to purchase from Amazon.
Find TC Southwell online:



Twitter: @TCSouthwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.