Thursday, August 9, 2012

Indie author spotlight of Kaitlyn Deann 17 yr old Author of The Witches Sleep.


The Author
Kaitlyn Deann


The work of art:
THE WITCHES' SLEEP.

Where she creates:
Texas 

The genre that gets to claim her:
Fantasy, but I like to sprinkle a little of everything in there!

The heart of the story:
If I had to boil the book down to one sentence summary, it would be: It's about a girl that has to make a life or death decision based on her beliefs.  

Her muse likes order:
I write an outline. Sometimes it takes me 2 weeks to write an outline, but I find it's SO much better in the long run. For me, at least.

Have you ever written anything and thought; "The world has got to see this!"
Um, yes and no. Is that an answer? Well, now it is.

Kaitlyn is multi talented:
 I design all my covers.




 Who is your favorite author. Not just someone that you read a lot. I wanna know whose book you read that made you suddenly know that if you didn't do this for the rest of your life then you would never be happy.
 Haha! Never be happy? I'm the type of person that I try to find something positive in everything, so I can't tell you that I can't live without a certain author. But, my favorite author as of the moment (because it could change later) is Maggie Stiefvater. 


What she finds to be the hardest part of writing:
 Sometimes it's hard for me to word sentences in a certain way to get across what I want to say. I sometimes want to talk in an "old" way, saying things old fashioned, if you know what I mean. Other than that, no.


Does she write her characters or do they write themselves?
  They definitely have control! I find that I can't control them at all. They pave their own paths and make their own decisions. 


 Does she ever write herself into the characters?  
I've realized that a little of me is spread thinly throughout each and every one of my characters. Some more than others.

Is writing her full time job or is she "Keeping her day job"? So to speak. 
I'm 17. 'nough said, right? Haha! Actually, I'm in school still, so I could say THAT'S my full time job. 

If she could go back in time to meet someone, Kaitlyn would go straight for the top! 
  JESUS, hands down!!!! Coolest guy ever.

What in her mind makes hers stand out from all those millions in her genre?  
Each book is special. Mine is special because I wrote it, but not only that... How many people dedicate their first novel to Jesus? Yeah, that's right! That's me, people!

Kaitlyn's advise for great free marketing:
 Make a BUNCH of social media accounts. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook Page, LinkedIn, Blogs, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc. Guest blogging is super great too!

Wanna know where to find Kaitlyn?

Link to purchase from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.