Monday, August 6, 2012

Indie Author Spotlight of John Walker Author of The Statford Chronicles

The Author
John Walker
The work of art:
The Statford Chronicles

Where he creates:
Currently in Hampton, Virginia

The genre that gets to claim him:
Contemporary fantasy and science fiction.

The devil is in the details.
In The Details is a detective novel where the Devil (as in Lucifer) has been accused of a crime he didn't commit. It's up to Tom Statford, the Keeper of the Conclave and a private detective, to prove the innocence of the Devil and stop the end of the world.

John's muse is a bit crazy:
 I have a general outline/idea of what is going to happen, with an outline that reads like a rabid wolverine high on angel dust decided to tapdance on a keyboard. From there, I get on the keyboard and try to make it all make sense.

Who helps make The Statford Chronicles ready for the masses:
I have two awesome editors who are incredibly wonderful. My cover artist, Starla Huchton, is amazing and I consider it an honor to have her make my covers.

The writer we have to thank for making John see his calling:
 Jim Butcher. If you haven't read his stuff, read it. Repeatedly. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

The hardest part of the writing process for John:
Making it make sense. I'm my own worse critic and I have to constantly stop myself from editing every other word.

His characters use him to say whatever they want:
 I sometimes feel like little more than a glorified transcriptionist for the voices in my head.

There is allot of John in his characters:
I think every author does that, to a point. It's part of the writing process, especially when writing fiction. They're words we would say if we were those people in those positions.

He has a day job but really wishes he didn't have to:
 I have a day job, but I would really love to be writing full-time.

If he had a time machine he'd go meet:
That's a tough one. I'd probably want to meet either Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or John Lennon. Either of them would be amazing to just meet and hang out.

The one reason his will rise above the masses:
 Well, I have yet to see a series featuring a private detective of the gods.

The form of advertising that has helped John the most:
Word of mouth. This is your work. Don't be shy. Shout it out to the world. It's like I tell people: If you like it, tell your friends and neighbors. If you don't like it, tell your enemies. Either way, your work is getting out there.

And here are the links to like follow and basically stalk John!
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/
thestatfordchronicles
Website: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JohnGWalker

Thank you so much John for being a part of my Indie Spotlight series. For you meeting John for the first time, I read this book months ago and really quite enjoyed it and am so pleased to finally have him on my blog. Here is a link to my review in case you want to read.

Links to purchase The Statford Chronicles: 
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-sincerest-form-of-flattery-john-walker/1109994343?ean=2940014202701
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/sincerest-form-flattery/id521487421?mt=11

3 comments:

  1. To prove the innocence of the devil and to save the world? That pulls one in immediately! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. John has written one heck of a book! I loved it and can't wait for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting interview format and Great choice of authors, Nicole. John's book is one I must have!

    ReplyDelete

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.