Monday, May 23, 2016

#IndieSpotlight of Jamie White Author of Lightworker Trilogy

Name: 
Jamie White

The Title of Your Work or Group: 
Learning Me (Lightworker Trilogy, Book 1)

Where are you from? Does not have to be the name of the place exactly. You can say Hick-ville Florida, for example if you are more comfortable with that.
South Florida

In what genre do you write? 
Mostly New Adult Paranormal, although I do have a Pagan Contemporary story out, and two contemporary works (one based on Carrie Underwood’s “Two Black Cadillacs” and a New Year’s Eve story)

In your own words, what is your book about? If you were not the author and trying to explain this awesome book you just read to a friend, what would you say about it? 
This book is about a young woman whose opportunity to audition for a part in an independent movie (against her parents’ wishes) brings up a lot of hard questions that lead to some surprising answers. What she learns changes the way she sees the people she trusts most.

What is your writing style? Do you follow all guides and rules? Synopsis, outline etc. or do you just sit down at the computer and type to see what happens. 
I’m mostly a pantser. I did an outline for this book, but a rude character decided to exercise their free will, making my outline useless from there on. Stupid free will…. (Seriously, though? I can’t get too mad at the character. I think the whole story ended up better as a result.)
As far as my process, I also am a huge music fan and I sing. Because of that, my writing sessions are usually fueled by music, and I sometimes lead up to a session by singing along with the playlist for my WIP to get myself in the mindset of the characters. Also, I have a crystal kit I made for inspiration. All the stones I chose are designed to help inspire me, keep my focus, and bring abundance. When I am really struggling, it helps.

Have you ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" ? 
I haven’t exactly thought that, but I definitely hope that my books touch someone, or just entertain them.   

Do you have an editor and Cover Designer or do you do this yourself? 
I have an editor that I have been working with since I put out some pieces through a small press, and usually get someone else to do the cover, or buy one from twitter friends who do pre-made covers.

Who is your favorite author. Not just someone that you read allot. I wanna know whose book you read that made you suddenly know that if you didn't do this for the rest of your life then you would never be happy.
 My absolute favorite author ever is Christopher Pike. His Remember Me books not only spoke to me spiritually, but creatively as well. I love the way he works spiritual, mythological, and historic events into his work.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 
Usually, it’s just getting the time to get the words in. LOL. Although, I definitely have those days where I have the time, but can’t seem to get anything to come out.

Do you write your characters or do they write themselves through you?
I think they write themselves, definitely. A great example of that is the character I mentioned above. That one little moment really threw me, because I did not see it coming.

Do you ever write yourself into the characters? 
Definitely, as well as my husband. In fact, he usually reads over my work, and he demanded royalties after he saw several what I call “CPisms” in Learning Me. LOL.

Is writing your full time job or are you "Keeping your day job"? So to speak. 
I write, blog, and sometimes edit for others. I also do some stuff on Fiverr.

If you could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be? 
I’ve always been interested in meeting the late Sylvia Browne. The spiritual concepts she put out there during her life really resonated with me, and I think it would have been interesting to get a chance to speak with her in person.

There are millions of new books released every year. What in your mind makes yours stand out from all those millions in your genre?
I guess, for me, it’s the passion. I’m sporadic sometimes in my writing (mostly due to time constraints), so when I write something, it’s because it is speaking to me. The story resonates in my soul, and forces me to get it out.

In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Have you found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from? 
I co-host an indie-focused blog talk radio show, as well as hosting my own segment where authors read from their work. Shows like this are great ways to get out there. I also make use of online author challenges (like #authorlifemonth and #30DaysOfAuthors) to get myself in front of more people. Another really popular option is doing takeovers of FB events. And of course, social media (I really like Twitter and Instagram). There are also cheap (seriously…. Five bucks!) options on Fiverr.


Links to find and totally stalk her work:




Purchase from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.