31 Days of The Paranormal is a month long blog fest, celebrating new, upcoming and recently released paranormal books written and published by Indie Authors. Some days, I will post about paranormal book I want to read as well. There are a few different options you will have for being featured in this event. The things I can post are as follows:
Book Launch Blog tour stop ( I will accept HTML to post if you have it made up and if it fits the criteria.)
Author Interview ( My questions. Can be found below.)
Character Interviews ( These you will send to me.)
If you are choosing to do an author interview, The questions are below.
2. The Title of Your Work or Group:
3. Where are you from? Does not have to be the name of the place exactly. You can say Hick-ville Florida, for example if you are more comfortable with that.
4. In your own words, what is your book about? If you were not the author and trying to explain this awesome book you just read to a friend, what would you say about it?
Now here is where I stray from my normal line of questioning. It is October after all.
5. What is your favorite supernatural creature and why? Feel free to go into detail. Make us now proclaim that this is by far, our favorite supernatural creature.
6. If you could be any paranormal/supernatural being, what would it be and why? Is it the same answer as number 5. If not, why not?
7. Tell me what the best current paranormal themed TV show is and why everyone who hasn't seen it absolutely needs to go and watch every single episode. Marathon style.
8. What is your favorite Paranormal book? Why is this one your favorite?
9. As everyone know (or should by now,) I am into Vampires. Who is your favorite fictional Vampire and why is this one your favorite?
10. Who is your least favorite fictional Vampire?
Back to your writing:
11. What is your writing style? Do you follow all guides and rules? Synopsis, outline etc. or do you just sit down at the computer and type to see what happens.
12. Have you ever written anything and thought; " The world has got to see this!" ?
13. Who is your favorite author. Not just someone that you read allot. I wanna know whose book you read that made you suddenly know that if you didn't do this for the rest of your life then you would never be happy.
14. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
15. Do you write your characters or do they write themselves through you?
16. Do you ever write yourself into the characters?
17: Is writing your full time job or are you "Keeping your day job"? So to speak.
18. If you could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be?
Now back to the fun stuff:19: If you could have an hour alone with any fictional paranormal creature, who would it be and what would you be doing? Feel free to explain. ;P
20. Team Alcide or team Eric? (Screw Bill. He was a tool.)
21) Do you enjoy Halloween. Why or why not? What is your favorite part?
22.) Are you completely opened minded about the paranormal or are you a skeptic?
Okay. Now that my morbid curiosity is satisfied, back to your book:
23: What made you write a paranormal themed book? Where did the idea come from?
24: Do you only write paranormal books or do you write in other genres?
25: Who did your book cover? Are you totally happy with it. Do you feel it correctly represents your book?
27: There are millions of new books released every year. What in your mind makes yours stand out from all those millions in your genre?
28. In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Have you found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from?
Now give me your links so we can get people to your book sites!
Add any other links that you feel would be helpful in convincing readers that they absolutely must buy right this minute or they'll die.
Make sure to include any material you would like included in the post. A picture of you or one to re[resent you. Your book cover, link to trailer and anything else you want added.
If you are choosing to do a guest blog post, I am listing the topics below. Please follow these topics as they are paranormal in subject matter in keeping with the theme for the month. If you already have a guest post idea and it is paranormal in subject matter, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know if it is acceptable.
Guest post topics are as follows:
1. What is your favorite supernatural creature and why? Feel free to go into detail. Make us now proclaim that this is by far, our favorite supernatural creature.
2. If you could be any paranormal/supernatural being, what would it be and why? Is it the same answer as number 5. If not, why not?
3. What made you write a paranormal themed book? Where did the idea come from?
4. Tell me about your writing style. Do you meticulously keep character plots, synopses notes etc or do you just sit around daydreaming scenes for six months until you are just about to sit down and tell the story?
5. If you could have an hour alone with any fictional paranormal creature, who would it be and what would you be doing? Feel free to explain. ;P
Character interviews, Book teasers, Synopses and Book Trailers can be included in any post. I will need your book cover and a picture of you or your avatar for every post. If you have a blog tour set up and already have the HTML code, I will accept that as well. Please check the calendar below and email me at email@example.com with a couple of dates that you would like to be featured along with all the information. I will be assigning dates based on fa first come first serve basis. with the exception of October 31st. I will chose the book featured on that day based on what I like the most. I would like to feature a book releasing that day.