Monday, June 29, 2015

#IndieSpotlight of Juli D. Revezzo Author of Passion's Sacred Dance

 Name: 
Juli D. Revezzo



The Title of Your Work or Group:

Passion's Sacred Dance

 Where are you from? Does not have to be the name of the place exactly. You can say Hick-ville Florida, for example if you are more comfortable with that.
Funny you should say it that way; I am from Florida. :)

In what genre do you write?
Paranormal fantasy and fantasy romance. My last book, Changeling's Crown was fantasy romance for the New Adult crowd.While my newest release, Passion's Sacred Dance is more of a general fantasy romance audience. I also write Gothic set stories with my series Antique Magic and Reign of Tarot.

In your own words, what is your book about? If you were not the author and trying to explain this awesome book you just read to a friend, what would you say about it?
Passion's Sacred Dance is about a gallery owner whose heritage means she must oversee a sacred battle on her property. Deciding which side is the side she must grant the land to is the challenge.

What is your writing style? Do you follow all guides and rules? Synopsis, outline etc. or do you just sit down at the computer and type to see what happens.
Usually, I come up with a basic idea of characters and where the story needs to go. From there, I let the writing of it flow.

Have you ever written anything and thought; "The world has got to see this."?
Yes. Getting it out to the world has been the harder part.

Do you have an editor and Cover Designer or do you do this yourself? 
Yes, to both. I have a friend named Patty G. Henderson who creates beautiful cover art. She created the beautiful cover for Passion's Sacred Dance.

Who is your favorite author? Not just someone that you read a lot. I wanna know whose book you read that made you suddenly know that if you didn't do this for the rest of your life then you would never be happy.
Then, that would have to be Fantasy author Michael Moorcock. Other favorites are J. Sheridan LeFanu, Anne Rice, Jolene Dawe, S.G. Rogers, and quite a few others.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sometimes, getting out of my own way by turning the internal critic off is the hardest bit of all.

Do you write your characters or do they write themselves through you? 
A little of both, depending on the character. Stacy (in Passion's Sacred Dance)--and particularly the hero Aaron--was easy to write but I do have difficult characters, now and then. For instance the heroine to my paranormal series, Antique Magic, sometimes just clams up.

Do you ever write yourself into the characters?
Yes, sometimes. In my latest release, Passion's Sacred Dance, Stacy's gallery was built around one I used to work at in college.

Is writing your full time job or are you "Keeping your day job"? So to speak.
Writing is my full time life...I don't see it as my job, so much as my calling.

If you could go back in time and meet one famous person or legend in history, who would it be?
Virginia Woolf, definitely, or if I could I'd love to live when King Arthur was said to rule and verify his existence! :)

There are millions of new books released every year. What in your mind makes yours stand out from all those millions in your genre?
As you say, there are a lot of books out there and particularly in my genre, there are a lot of authors that pilfer mythology. The problem as I see it, is too many of these authors don't seem to have respect for the mythology they're using and they cherry pick names and sometime superficial attributes, without respect for what these aspects really represent mythologically. (Eg. Sometimes the characters are so superficial that they seem like the writer thought: "Does it have horns? Oh, it must be a devil! Let's make it the villain!" When that might not be what the original cultures thought of said-figure at all) I've always tried to show respect to the stories and characters in the stories that influence me, even if I have to make a character a "villain". I've done so (or hope I have) especially here in Passion's Sacred Dance.

In the world of Indie, marketing is very difficult, especially if you don't have the funds to pay for it. Have you found a great free way to market your work that you think other Indies will benefit from? 
The days of Social media promo being a help seems to have come and gone, they're good to connect with, but they've changed so much the visibility has become an issue. But I've found that book bloggers willing to host authors is a good place start. I've had a few things in Kindle Select from time to time and find that sometimes gives me a small boost, but I know I have readers who use other things than Kindle, so I don't always feel right using it. Other than that, lowering prices from time to time helps boost your visibility.


Links so we can get people to your book sites! 


Newsletter signup at: http://bit.ly/SNI5K6

And Passion's Sacred Dance is available at:



I have a book trailer for Passion's Sacred Dance should they like to see it: 

And a page on my blog that tells a little more about the book: http://julidrevezzo.com/regarding-passions-sacred-dance/chment PASSION'S SACRED DANCE_eBook.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please no nasty or hurtful comments. This is a site for helping, not hurting.